Today was the first time I marked the end of the year with a funeral. We said our goodbyes to my Uncle Doug. He was 70 and had been suffering from Parkinsons. My cousin (his son) delivered a wonderful and light hearted ulogy. He recalled some of the funny and poigniat moments with his dad and the family. As a baseball coach and other wise. While the end is always a reminder of how much the loved one will be missed it's always a reminder of how much they meant to those of us still left behind.
After the holidays have passed and the "giving" spirit is reset with a new year. We need to remember how important it is that our loved ones know how much we love them. Our friends know how much we value them and how much our cause, what ever it may be is worthwhile to us. Live a good life, Laugh a good laugh and be the best you that you can.
I believe in the next year I hope there to be less of me in weight and more of me in heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment