Friday, November 6, 2009

The wonder of it all

Today I drove across most of Kansas and on a fantastic day of weather no less. I wanted to stop at almost every mile marker and photograph the scenery. They may not have gone over too well with others on I-70 :-)

I didn't really get the beauty of Kansas when I was a child, but I sure do now! There's an unexplainable peace that falls over me when I drive through the Flint Hills! I could get lost out there and I don't think I would mind.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Lake Tahoe. What a beautiful place to visit. It was gorgeous but I still longed for home. Of course had my family been with me I may have enjoyed it more. Whenever I visit cool new and interesting places and my family isn't with me, I don't seem to enjoy it as much. I think the sharing of that cool experience with others is half the fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment